Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Dmitry
Regular Visitor

Exclude empty values on Visual Level Filter

Is it possible to exclude empty values on Visual Level Filter? I.e. filter out green area from pie below?

Power BI Desktop.png

The only solution I found is adding a calculated column: Type_NotEmpty = IF ([Type]="";BLANK();[Type])

and use filter "is not blank".

Is there more elegant way to exclude"empty values" on visual filter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I think the October update might work for you. I haven't downloaded it yet. However, if you publish the report to the web you'll see you can right-click the blank pie slice and choose 'exclude'.

RightClickExclude.JPG

This adds a visual level filter

Excluded blank.JPG

I'm guessing the same functionality will be available in the desktop tool, but I haven't had a chance to check it.

Strange that choosing 'Advanced Filter' and - 'is not blank' does not work, but this right-click exclude does.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I think the October update might work for you. I haven't downloaded it yet. However, if you publish the report to the web you'll see you can right-click the blank pie slice and choose 'exclude'.

RightClickExclude.JPG

This adds a visual level filter

Excluded blank.JPG

I'm guessing the same functionality will be available in the desktop tool, but I haven't had a chance to check it.

Strange that choosing 'Advanced Filter' and - 'is not blank' does not work, but this right-click exclude does.

Hope that helps

Thanks, that works from Power BI Desktop as well! This way you can exclude both "blank" and "empty" values:

Power BI Desktop (2).png

Bonjour,

Est ce que vous pouvez m'expliqué la solution pcq je suis bloqué je veux pas avoir d'espace vides. Merci 

Musto

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors