Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Errors while loading CSV file

Hi everyone, I'm new in Power BI and I'm trying to make some tests to see if Power Bi can replace our actual BI platform.

Once I loaded my .csv data, an error message appears saying there are more than 3 thousand errors.

Capture.JPG

When I go to see the errors, I see that some steps were applied to the data, as you can see in the picture, but the result is not what I expected, if I click on origin, I see the data in the right way... I don't know what to do to have my data in my model without those "automatic transformations".

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 
The best way I found to "debug" errors after loading/refreshing data is to go into 'Edit Queries', and moving down step by step to see where the error occurs.
If you can add a screenshot of the applied steps on your query editor it will be easier to see the issue (the pic you attached are the steps on a mock table which PBI creates to display the errors, you can delete this folder after you fix the error).

Usually, when you load a .csv the only applied step is changing the column types according to the first 1000 rows, 
it could be that PBI chose the wrong type for a column which results in some rows ending up as errors. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.