Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

Errors, query parameters the key didn't match row in the table?!

I have an issue that i cant solve.
Trying to refresh data:

Cody99_2-1681369314865.png

Cody99_0-1681369223249.png

Trying to discard changes:

Cody99_1-1681369262587.png

But where do i find this errors?
I have done some changes, but the data source is still the same.
I tryed making a holiday table, but i removed it, can that mess this up?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi , @Cody99 

Thanks for your quick response.

According to your screenshot , the error code caused by the static ID.

Can you try to use this M code to replace the ID in your "AAMkAD......" step:
#"Filter last email true"{0}[Attachments]

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Hi , @Cody99 

The M code seems to have a "[" .

You can use this:

instead of #"Filter last email true"{[0}[Attachments]

And you don't need to be nervous, it's just a filter row operation.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

Aniya Zhang, what would internet be without you guys.
Thank you so much.
The greyed out other thing sorted it self out to, so not related i think.

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Cody99 

According to your screenshot, your error occurred during the refresh, and the error message is "the key didn't match row in the table".

For this error message, you can try to check whether a certain step in Power Query has an error.

You can go to the Power Query Editor page, then click on each step in each query and see if there is an error message.

Secondly, your Parameter seems to be a parameter, and you can see if your parameter configuration is correct, type, and whether it matches.Whether the query parameters are configured correctly with default and existing values.

For more information, you can refer to :
Parameters - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Hi there, thanks for trying to help me.
I have sorted it out, a bit anyway.
But now i get issues with refresing all the time, when i have new emails to update the data sets with.
I have to go in and chage the key in the steps.
I dont know what changed. But i remebered having something else but a specifick key there before, like something dynamic.

Cody99_2-1681717653625.png

So i get issues all the time in the helper querys.

Cody99_1-1681717602516.png

How can i change it back to work without an unique key of the?

Hi, @Cody99 

Thank you very much for your quick reply, your description is that your value is dynamic, so when this value changes, you can't find it in Power Query Editor.
For your needs, you need to set this value to a variable and modify it when your value changes, or you can modify your M code to get this value dynamically through the previous step instead of through static parameters.

Similarly, if you already know what the problem is, you can provide us with your needs in a form and your final desired result, and we can further analyze and solve the problem for you.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Hi thanks, yes i can see the problem, and sort of solve it, but it keeps coming back, and i dont know whay, and what have canged.
Thats were im at.
I go in in my outlook getting the latest email, and then sorting out the attachment and getting the table.
It has been woring fine, but suddenly this happens evertime a new email arrives i think.
So im stuck.

Hi, @Cody99 

Thanks for your quick response! When a new email arrives then it will return an error code.

To solve this problem, you need to imagine how your data will change when a new email appears, and then you need to locate the step where the error occurred and change the value that caused the error in this step. Generally, because the value in a step has changed after you receive a new email, the previous static value cannot be retrieved in the next step.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Ok, i get to the point where, in the querys in the left pane, the "transform files from xxx" > Helper querys >samplefile and paramertersX dosent have the same id on the attachment i guess.
But this worked fine before.
So everytime i maually refresh if theres a new email, the id:s no longe seems to match.

I dont get any furter here.

Hi, @Cody99 

According to your description, you used "id" as a static parameter to get the corresponding table? Then when the id changes, an error will be reported? If this is the case, you may need to replace this static parameter in M code with a value that does not change.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi, 
Well, im not sure, i used this way of connection to the email, and it worked like a charm every day With my scheduled refresh.
https://radacad.com/import-email-attachments-directly-into-a-power-bi-report-using-power-query
But suddenly it started to throw a erro to me.
I haven done anything as far as i know, but apparently something 🙂

So now i tried all the steps since my scheduled refresh failed.
I go in the PBX file on desktop app and press refresh, and i get this, The query parameter parameter one and two stops the rest.

Cody99_0-1681804868176.png

I open "transform data" and look at the querys

Cody99_1-1681805165516.png

I get this on the prameter1 error

Cody99_2-1681805228238.png

So if go to "go to error" i shifts to here:

Cody99_3-1681805320672.png

Then i go to filter last email

Cody99_4-1681805468597.png

And scrolls to this "ID"

Cody99_5-1681805507015.png

I copy that ID and go back to the next step, and put it in here (replace the red text):

Cody99_6-1681806306300.png

And the parameter/helper query works again.
And i do the same for the other mail that has this issue as well.

But i dont know whay this started to happen, nothing i changed on the Emails as far as i know.
When i look what id the emails get, they do get a new one every day, se picture.

Cody99_7-1681806686951.png

But this used to work before for months without problem.

How can i solve it?

Hi , @Cody99 

Thanks for your quick response.

According to your screenshot , the error code caused by the static ID.

Can you try to use this M code to replace the ID in your "AAMkAD......" step:

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

The universe is messing with me..
Now i get an other issue, not sure ifits related though.

Cody99_0-1681884781335.png

But its greyed out every where:

Cody99_1-1681884823331.png

Strange!

Ahh, we are getting somwhere!
I changed in a few helper querys, also chaged to 0, in a filter column, It seems to work, now i will wait for the scheduled update and see for sure, ill be back in an hour or so and let you know 🙂

Hi , @Cody99 

Sure, in my understand , it may caused by the static IDs in the M code , i hope it will work! Waiting for your good news~

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Yes i think the first issues worked.
But i also put a 0 in this one, and that one dont work, and now i dont remember what is had at first. really messing this up now..

Cody99_0-1681889339683.png

Hi , @Cody99 

The M code seems to have a "[" .

You can use this:

instead of #"Filter last email true"{[0}[Attachments]

And you don't need to be nervous, it's just a filter row operation.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

**bleep** that was stupid, sorry, and big thanks 🙂
Now it seemed to work, now i just have to se why the Scheduled refresh and credentials is greyed out

Hi, @Cody99 

Yeah,Currently on Power BI Service you must configure credentials for all data sources for Scheduled Refresh to be highlighted.

And modifying M code in Power Query will not affect any information about your data source, you don't need to worry, if there is a problem with a certain step, you can completely change it according to your business needs.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Yes, i just cant figure out whats changed 🙂
Ill keep looking, and get back soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.