Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

IvanG92
Frequent Visitor

Error while loading any type of data

Hi!

While opening existing pbix or while loading sources into a new file the following error appears:

IvanG92_0-1706814586768.pngIvanG92_1-1706814635067.png

I'm desperate and don't know what to do, can you please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IvanG92 ,

Thank you, @Greg_Deckler , for your quick response and the solution provided.
You can also enable tracing in Power BI Desktop to generate log files, which may help isolate and identify problems.
Sometimes cached data in power BI can cause problems, you can select 'File' -> 'Options and settings -> 'Options' -> 'Data Load' in the PowerBI Desktop to clear the cache and see if it helps.
In addition, the following link had the similar problem as yours. Please refer to it and see if it works for you.

Solved: Error returned: 'The following system error occurr... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IvanG92 ,

Thank you, @Greg_Deckler , for your quick response and the solution provided.
You can also enable tracing in Power BI Desktop to generate log files, which may help isolate and identify problems.
Sometimes cached data in power BI can cause problems, you can select 'File' -> 'Options and settings -> 'Options' -> 'Data Load' in the PowerBI Desktop to clear the cache and see if it helps.
In addition, the following link had the similar problem as yours. Please refer to it and see if it works for you.

Solved: Error returned: 'The following system error occurr... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks! I managed to download a new installer from the official site instead of the Microsoft Store's one and it worked flawlessy 🙂

IvanG92
Frequent Visitor

Hi Greg!

I have the latest version, just reainstalled PowerBi entirely...

Can you explain more about the zip repair part?

thank you!

@IvanG92 A pbix file is just a zip file so you can rename the .pbix file to .zip and then you can run a number of different .zip repair tools that exist. That said, it's hard to believe that all of your pbix files magically got corrupted so I am guessing that it is something else. What operating system are you running and did this use to work on the computer you are using and now suddenly it isn't?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hard to believe but it's just like that. I'm using windows 10 pro. It was working until yesterday when I reinstalled Anaconda.

The existing pbixs do not open anymore throwing the error:

IvanG92_0-1706815971902.png

if I instead open an empty files it let's me load data end edit the data in the query editor but once I apply the edits and close the editor the following appears:

IvanG92_1-1706816045798.png

Is it possible that I screwed something in the system or in the PATH?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@IvanG92 Hmm, couple things you can try. Make sure you have the latest version of Power BI Desktop. Also, you could try running some zip repair tools. Otherwise, maybe best to open a support ticket. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.