Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gonrodrigues
Helper III
Helper III

Error when saving

When I try to save the report in Power Bi Desktop, sometimes i get this error message. Needless to say that I always lose some work. It happens few times a day.. it's annoying

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI, like Power Pivot, is an in-memory database, meaning all your data is loaded up into your RAM.  This makes is fast but it also means you need a certain amount of memory - consider an upgrade.  Here are the questions to ask ...

1. Do I have a 32 bit / 64 bit operating system?

2. Do I have 32 bit / 64 bit Power BI Desktop?

3. How much memory do I have? 4GB will work most of the time, 8GB is much, much better.  If you're using 32-bit applications though, having more than 4GB of memoey won't help.  Those applications are limited to working with 4GB

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI, like Power Pivot, is an in-memory database, meaning all your data is loaded up into your RAM.  This makes is fast but it also means you need a certain amount of memory - consider an upgrade.  Here are the questions to ask ...

1. Do I have a 32 bit / 64 bit operating system?

2. Do I have 32 bit / 64 bit Power BI Desktop?

3. How much memory do I have? 4GB will work most of the time, 8GB is much, much better.  If you're using 32-bit applications though, having more than 4GB of memoey won't help.  Those applications are limited to working with 4GB

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

Yeah, makes a lot of sense...

1. 32

2. 32

3 4GB

I'm working on company's computers, so i don't have much choice here.

Thanks @austinsense !

Give this to whoever approves computer purchasing at your company, and good luck. http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2015/10/the-high-cost-of-poor-equipment/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Excellent article! It will be tough to send that straight to the top but i'll definitely send it to my boss. It's a rollercoaster of feelings everytime i press 'Save' button -.-

Thanks!

Hey @MattAllington, I think you should get the credit here 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.