Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TWMY1014
Helper I
Helper I

Error when create calculated column (Norm.Dist) in Power BI

Hi Experts,

As per title, below is my code in calculated column:

Normalized =
var AvgStartYear = MIN('**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Year])
var AvgeEdYear = 2022
var Mean = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Value]),ALLEXCEPT('**DM-InvestabilityIndex**','**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Type],'**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[CITY]),AND( '**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Year]>=AvgStartYear,'**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Year]<=AvgeEdYear))
var SD = CALCULATE(STDEV.S('**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Value]),ALLEXCEPT('**DM-InvestabilityIndex**','**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Type],'**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[CITY]),AND('**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Year]>=AvgStartYear,'**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Year]<=AvgeEdYear))
var ND = NORM.DIST('**DM-InvestabilityIndex**'[Value],Mean,SD,TRUE())*100
return
ND
I also attach part of the image of my table (<2000 rows) in below:
TWMY1014_0-1664430723474.png

I have succsssfully use same DAX in another table but fail in this.

Appreciate for your advise. Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI, 

I finally figure out.  Normal distribution cannot have 0 standard deviation, which I have for some city, i.e. all vlaue in entire time series was the same.  I just add an if function to become 0.00000001 to minimise effect if the result was 0 to SD dax, then it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @TWMY1014 ;

Sorry I can't reproduce your formula, can you share the wrong information tip, or a simple file (after removing sensitive information)?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-yalanwu-msft,

Thanks for your reply. Seems I can't attach the pbix file here so i screen cap for you.  Thanks.

TWMY1014_0-1664526267233.png

HI, 

I finally figure out.  Normal distribution cannot have 0 standard deviation, which I have for some city, i.e. all vlaue in entire time series was the same.  I just add an if function to become 0.00000001 to minimise effect if the result was 0 to SD dax, then it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.