Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chrisyan_manalu
Helper II
Helper II

Error column subtotals on visual table

Hi everyone,

Actually I'm facing problem with this the column subtotals of the table below (Red Highlight)

chrisyan_manalu_1-1674122219689.png

The output should be like this :

• Category = 351
  • Inhouse = 39
  • Public = 45
  • Sharing Session = 5 (true)
  • Webinar = 224 (true)

And I'm just set Column subtotals and Row subtotals to Active

chrisyan_manalu_2-1674122440034.png

Why total value from Jan to Aug from all Category it did not match ? 

What I'm doing just drag and drop the axis and the value to table 

Is it bug ? 

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
chrisyan_manalu
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Adescrit 

Are there any other filters on the page or visual that could be impacting the result of the calculation in the visual?

> No filter on page although and visual 

Are the values in the visual calculated by a column or measure? If it's a measure are you applying any filters here?
> Actuall I'm just drag and drop to values table, and distinct the the value 

Are you using a date dimension table to pull in the month names to the visual? If you have a date dimension are the dates in both the date dimension and your fact table formatted in the same way, i.e. US format or European format?

> Yep I'm using date dimension. And the format of date in dim date table with date in the fact table are match

chrisyan_manalu_0-1674181768148.png

Regards

Hi @chrisyan_manalu ,

I expect that the reason is some of the distinct values within months also appear within other months. For example value A appears as a distinct value when looking specifically at Jan and Mar, so is counted as a dicstinct value for each of those months, but then when calculating the distinct values over the full year, value A would only be counted once.

Please check this. If you need help to summarise differently, for example you want the total to sum the distinct values within each month, let me know.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @chrisyan_manalu 

Are there any other filters on the page or visual that could be impacting the result of the calculation in the visual?

Are the values in the visual calculated by a column or measure? If it's a measure are you applying any filters here?

Are you using a date dimension table to pull in the month names to the visual? If you have a date dimension are the dates in both the date dimension and your fact table formatted in the same way, i.e. US format or European format?

A few things to consider / investigate. With more information about your data model I might be able to pinpoint the issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.