Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Containnova
Regular Visitor

Error - SQL Connection - Report does not Update

Good morning, something very curious is happening to me with the SQL connection, it does not update, I indicate the step by step of how to replicate the error that is giving me:

1) go to "Get Data>SQL Server", add the name of the "Server", add the "Database" and also in "Advanced Options" add the SQL Query "SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE";

2) Click on the Transform data option, and in Power Query I see that everything is fine and I click "Close and Apply" and everything WORKS PERFECTLY!!

Recreating the Error:

3) I go to "Transform Data"

4) In the Power Query Editor I select the same generated query with the name "Query1" and click the "Advanced Editor" button and copy the generated function:

let
Source = Sql.Database("SERVER", "DB", [Query="
SELECT

DESDE
MY_TABLE
", CommandTimeout=#duration(0, 3, 0, 0)])
in
Source

5) In the same Power Query editor I generate a "Blank Query" with the name "Query2"

6) I select the new generated query with the name "Query2" and click the "Advanced Editor" button and Paste the function (the same as point 4):

let
Source = Sql.Database("SERVER", "DB", [Query="
SELECT

DESDE
MY_TABLE
", CommandTimeout=#duration(0, 3, 0, 0)])
in
Source

7) In Power Query it brings me the preview of the data and I see that everything is fine and I click "Close and Apply"

😎 Here the Problem THE REPORT IS NOT UPDATED

9) It stays in the option "You have pending changes in your queries that have not been applied - Apply Changes" and does nothing else.

And no matter how much I press the "Apply Changes" button, it does nothing, I keep getting the same response "You have pending changes in your queries that have not been applied - Apply Changes"

NOTE: Please, I am not looking for you to tell me to right-click "Query1" and give it the "Duplicate" option, since I have a report made with hundreds of iterations and I am getting this error, which I can isolate , simplified and arrive at the approach indicated above.

I really appreciate it if someone has a solution to this problem.

Desktop version: 2.102.845.0 64-bit (February 2022)

Greetings | Miguel Arias

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I tried on the same desktop, exactly the same steps, but cannot reproduce your issue. For the second and subsequent queries I get asked if I want to use import mode or Direct Query.  I assume you want import mode.

Does it also happen in a new PBIX file?

Totally unrelated note - a three hour timeout is a bit rich.  The Power BI Service has a hard stop at 5 hrs anyway.

Hi lbendlin, thanks for replying.

I had a previous version and updated it to this latest one, and indeed I tried with a new .pbix file generating a simple query (SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE) and it gives me the same problem.

I also tried it on different workstations on the network and it gives me the same error on all of them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.