Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Errcode: 28 - No space left on device

I have a big quiery and I cannot get data or refresh data since:

MySQL: Error writing file '/rdsdbdata/tmp/MYZJySXi' (Errcode: 28 - No space left on device)

What should I do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The error means that you dont have enough space to create temp files needed by MySQL.

You can use df -h to check whether \tmp is in its own partition, and how much space is allocated to it.

If it is in its own partition and short of space, you can either:

• modify /tmp so that its parition has more space (either by reallocating or moving it to the main partition - e.g. see here)
  • changing MySql config so that it uses a different temp folder on a different partition, e.g. /var/tmp

You can refer this simliar issue: MySQL/Writing file error (Errcode 28) 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The error means that you dont have enough space to create temp files needed by MySQL.

You can use df -h to check whether \tmp is in its own partition, and how much space is allocated to it.

If it is in its own partition and short of space, you can either:

• modify /tmp so that its parition has more space (either by reallocating or moving it to the main partition - e.g. see here)
  • changing MySql config so that it uses a different temp folder on a different partition, e.g. /var/tmp

You can refer this simliar issue: MySQL/Writing file error (Errcode 28) 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Anonymous 

What is your RAM size. your systems disc space is maxing out. Either you have to clean your temp folder or increase your memory size.

I don't like losing data but the last resort for me will be to import required columns and filter the rows based on the requirement(Dates, project, type etc...)

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I think this is a duplicated question, please keep one. I answered in the first question thread:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Errcode-28-No-space-left-on-device/m-p/1317038#M41674

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution, this will help others!.

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube, LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Those answers imply people are using Linux OS. So are useless to Windows or iOS users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I saw this.

But I did not understand here what should I do to make this:

"Step 1 - Login to your server using SSH, you can use Putty "

I downloaded Putty... I don't see here what should I do

Putty 2020-08-23 152446.png

and then where should I enter the commands?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.