Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Empty Line and Stacked column chart with a slicer and display message

Hi,

I have  the below measure to blank  the Line and Stacked column chart when no Report Date slicer is not selected

SlicerCheck = IF ( ISFILTERED(TrendTable[ReportDate]), BLANK(), "" )

Displaymessage1.png

Need help on updating the below measure.

When Report Date slicer is not selected, I want to display a message like "Please select ReportDate" when Line and Stacked column chart is blank. how do i update the measure ?

Attached is expected behaviour mockup.

Displaymessage.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous,

This measure cannot be add to Line and Stacked column chart. Here we can add it to a card to work around.  And  I made an update of the formula, it should be like this.

SlicerCheck = IF ( ISFILTERED(TrendTable[ReportDate]),"","Please select ReportDate")

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0170bp3elqw6av/Empty%20Line%20and%20Stacked%20column%20chart%20%20with%20a%20slicer%20and%20display%20message.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I was able to fix the issue using a table visualization instead of Card.

Below are the steps i followed.

1.  Used a table visualization and   

a) mapped with SlicerCheck measure   

SlicerCheck = IF ( ISFILTERED(TrendTable[ReportDate]),BLANK(),"Please select ReportDate") 

b) Table Format -  I have set the Column headers Font to White color to hide the Header.

message1.png

2.  Select Line and Stacked column chart visualization,  drag the SlicerCheck measure to Visual filters and set it to is blank and click apply filter.

message4.png

3. Save the Report.  Try to select one of the Report Date from the slicer.  Below is the mockup working behavior.

message3.png 

4.  Unselect the Report Date from the slicer, the chart is blank with a message displayed. 

Below is the mockup working behavior.

message2.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please update your formula as below.

SlicerCheck = IF ( ISFILTERED(TrendTable[ReportDate]), "Please select ReportDate", "" )

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I have updated the measure asd per your suggestion BUT still there is issue.

displaymessage2.png

Attched is the mockup for reference.

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

This measure cannot be add to Line and Stacked column chart. Here we can add it to a card to work around.  And  I made an update of the formula, it should be like this.

SlicerCheck = IF ( ISFILTERED(TrendTable[ReportDate]),"","Please select ReportDate")

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0170bp3elqw6av/Empty%20Line%20and%20Stacked%20column%20chart%20%20with%20a%20slicer%20and%20display%20message.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

Need inputs please.

I have used the below updated measure  suggested by you,   but the issue is when i select the Report Date nothing is shown in the chart.

So to fix this i have tried the other way which is kind of working  but still there is  an issue.   Attached the mockups below for reference.

SlicerCheck = IF ( ISFILTERED(TrendTable[ReportDate]),BLANK(),"Please select ReportDate") 

1.    As suggested i have used Card visual to display the message.  I am able to Empty Line and Stacked column chart &  display the message  when  no Report Date is selected.

message1.png

2.  when i  select the Report Date,  I am able to display the chart data.  But  the issue is I see  text  as  Blank () Need help to fix this

message2.png

3.   As mentioned above, the Measure I used:

message3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I was able to fix the issue using a table visualization instead of Card.

Below are the steps i followed.

1.  Used a table visualization and   

a) mapped with SlicerCheck measure   

b) Table Format -  I have set the Column headers Font to White color to hide the Header.

message1.png

2.  Select Line and Stacked column chart visualization,  drag the SlicerCheck measure to Visual filters and set it to is blank and click apply filter.

message4.png

3. Save the Report.  Try to select one of the Report Date from the slicer.  Below is the mockup working behavior.

message3.png 

4.  Unselect the Report Date from the slicer, the chart is blank with a message displayed. 

Below is the mockup working behavior.

message2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.