Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

EMILIOCOLINA
Frequent Visitor

Emilio

Hola, buen día!

Tratando de conectarme a tablas del servidor me surge el siguiente mensaje:

EMILIOCOLINA_0-1687529719031.png

Alguien ya a solucionado este tipo de error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EMILIOCOLINA ,

If I understand correctly, it seems that got failed when you connect to SQL Server. The following threads are the ones which has the similar problem as yours, hope their solution can help you solve the problem.

Uncheck "Encrypt Connections" option

sql server - Login Error while connecting SQL Database through Power BI? - Database Administrators S...

By default, the Encrypt connection check box is selected to signify that Power BI Desktop connects to database using an encrypted connection. If a connection to your SQL Server is not established using an encrypted connection, that Power BI Desktop prompts to connect using an unencrypted connection.

Once you click OK, it will be directly prompted to turn off encryption. Or you can go to

File->Options and Settings -> Data Source Settings, choose your SQL Server data source and select Edit and uncheck "Encrypt Connections" option.

In addition, when we connect to SQL Server in Power BI Desktop, need to select the authentication mode to connect to the SQL Server database.  

1) Windows: This is the default selection. Select this if you want to connect using Windows authentication.  

2) Database: Select this if you want to connect using SQL Server authentication. After you select this, specify a user name and password to connect to your SQL Server instance.

Note: I know it's foolish and so simple but works for me anyway @sepupic Thanks for useful comment.

Solved: A connection was successfully established...error ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

The values in the thumbprint of the certificate in  "Protocols for MSSQLSERVER"  of SQL Server Network Configuration must be the same that appears in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.<INSTANCENAME>{=html}\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib in the Certificate value.

Solved: "Microsoft SQL: connection successfully establish... - Power Platform Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EMILIOCOLINA ,

If I understand correctly, it seems that got failed when you connect to SQL Server. The following threads are the ones which has the similar problem as yours, hope their solution can help you solve the problem.

Uncheck "Encrypt Connections" option

sql server - Login Error while connecting SQL Database through Power BI? - Database Administrators S...

By default, the Encrypt connection check box is selected to signify that Power BI Desktop connects to database using an encrypted connection. If a connection to your SQL Server is not established using an encrypted connection, that Power BI Desktop prompts to connect using an unencrypted connection.

Once you click OK, it will be directly prompted to turn off encryption. Or you can go to

File->Options and Settings -> Data Source Settings, choose your SQL Server data source and select Edit and uncheck "Encrypt Connections" option.

In addition, when we connect to SQL Server in Power BI Desktop, need to select the authentication mode to connect to the SQL Server database.  

1) Windows: This is the default selection. Select this if you want to connect using Windows authentication.  

2) Database: Select this if you want to connect using SQL Server authentication. After you select this, specify a user name and password to connect to your SQL Server instance.

Note: I know it's foolish and so simple but works for me anyway @sepupic Thanks for useful comment.

Solved: A connection was successfully established...error ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

The values in the thumbprint of the certificate in  "Protocols for MSSQLSERVER"  of SQL Server Network Configuration must be the same that appears in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.<INSTANCENAME>{=html}\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib in the Certificate value.

Solved: "Microsoft SQL: connection successfully establish... - Power Platform Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.