Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

David_54
Frequent Visitor

A connection was successfully established...error occurred during the login process

When I refresh the Dataflow in PowerBI Service I obtain this error:

"A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The received certificate has expired.)"

Maybe is because PowerBI Service automatically cncrypt the conection, because if the disable this option in PowerBI Desktop the conection works fine.

Is there any way to disable the 'Encrypt Conection' option in PowerBI Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is solved.

The values in the thumbprint of the certificate in  "Protocols for MSSQLSERVER"  of SQL Server Network Configuration must be the same that appears in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.<INSTANCENAME>{=html}\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib in the Certificate value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @David_54 ,

There is no unencrypt option.  however, I am thinking that the problem is more likely what the message states - that the certificate has an issue.  Have you confirmed that the certificate has not recently been changed/updated/modified/renewed?  If you go to "options" in the Dataflow, does it look right on all of those to you?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

It is solved.

The values in the thumbprint of the certificate in  "Protocols for MSSQLSERVER"  of SQL Server Network Configuration must be the same that appears in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.<INSTANCENAME>{=html}\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib in the Certificate value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors