Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yaman123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dynamic local images based on date filter

Hi, 

I am looking to add dynamic images to my power bi report which change according to what week is selected from the date slicer. 

The images are sent via email each week and saved into a sharepoint folder and renamed to the week commencing date ie 20240304 etc..

How do I connect power bi to the images to show correctly each week? 

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yaman123 

This link can help:

Complete Guide to Embed Images in Power BI Reports (Part I) (alphabold.com)

It is worth noting that the SharePoint Online doesn’t allow to generate URLs with anonymous access. We need to provide authentication to get access to these images. We cannot see SharePoint images with URLs on Power BI Desktop. We have to publish a report on the Power BI service, and the user must be logged in to SharePoint before accessing this report to see images properly. If the user isn’t logged in with SharePoint, then images will not render even on a web browser.

Here are some links for your reference:

How to Show Pics in Power BI - Zebra BI

Display images in a table, matrix, or slicer in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhengdxu-msft 

this does not seem to work for me. The sharepoint site is a private site available to my organisation and the folder where the images are stored is in this site. How do i give PBI access to view these images? 

Is there an alternative instead of using Sharepoint? If i save the images in a shared folder in the local drive? 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.