Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic connection to Web URL with possibility of auto update in Powerbi.com

Hi

I have a code to call for data from a dynamic URL.  After many mistakes I can finally make the url dynamic (change date within 24hrs at all time of update), The project can be uploaded to powerbi.com for auto update. However when trying to define "data source credentials"

The Code updates fine in Powerbi desktop.

This code was partially built using:

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/23/web-contents-m-functions-and-dataset-refresh-errors-in-power...

Please try to read the code in your Powerbi.com and see if you can make it update? Since I seem to not be able to. thanks

The code:

let

Now = DateTime.LocalNow(),
    Yesterday = Date.AddDays(Now, -1),
    Date = DateTime.ToText(Yesterday, "dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm") ,   
    Date2 = DateTime.ToText(Now, "dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm"),

Terms = #table({"Dato1"},
{{(Uri.BuildQueryString([StartTimeLocal=Date,EndTimeLocal=Date2]))}}),

SearchSuccessful = (Terms) =>
let
        Source = 
         Csv.Document(Web.Contents("link",
        [RelativePath="search/csv?"&Terms]),
        [Delimiter=";", Columns=23, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None])

in
    Source,
     Output = Table.AddColumn(
       Terms, 
       "Search Successful", 
       each SearchSuccessful([Dato1])
      )
in
    Output

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you set the Privacy level to none ? And which verification method did you use here? Please keep the same in Power bi desktop and Power bi SERVICE.

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft 

I have changed some in the code again, using Query instead of uri.builquerystring() to encode datetime data to URL.

However, the code works fine in Dekstop. But has problem in powerbi.com where it keeps "spinning (loading)" when I choose the legitimation.

I have tried Anonymous, Basic and Windowswithoutimpersonation, each with all 4 combinations: None, private, organizational and public.. All of them keeps spinning and nothing happens.

However I get an error if I dont choose the Niveau for protection, meaning either none, private, organizational or public, the following error appears when pressing ok:

Cannot update the following data source credentials: The credentials specified for the Web source are invalid. (Source at
Activity ID: 31415b80-0406-4665-bc7a-54b688fe7cf5
Request ID: b89f449e-dd8f-e34c-02ef-94c2c9658c90
Status Code: 400
Time: Thu Apr 11 2019 11:58:16 GMT + 0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Version: 13.0.9059.132
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Additionally, I have changed data source settings to match the powerbi.com and desktop data source setting and legitimation information.

code:

let

Now = DateTime.LocalNow(),
    Yesterday = Date.AddDays(Now, -1),
    Date = DateTime.ToText(Yesterday, "dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm") ,   
    Date2 = DateTime.ToText(Now, "dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm"),

Terms = #table({"Dato1","Dato2"},
    {{Date,Date2}}),
    Del1 = Terms{0}[Dato1],
    Del2 = Terms{0}[Dato2],

Source = 
         Csv.Document(Web.Contents("..............." ,[Query=[StartTimeLocal=Del1,EndTimeLocal=Del2]]),[Delimiter=";", Columns=23, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None])
in
         Source

I hope someone has a clue about this, as I have now used weeks on this code.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Yes I put both the same as desktop to powerbi.com. It keeps spinning as shown. I waited for 20 min in powerbi.com with it spinning..But nothing happened so i cancelled it, as I think there is a problem..Did you make it work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.