Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

thedipeshpuri
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic axis selection in Sankey Chart or Bar Chart?

Hi!

Though I am aware of the dynamic axis selection in Power BI visuals, I have quite a complex use case. Here are the details:

I have a table, let's call it fact_table, with following structure

ID | 2022-01 | 2022-02 | 2022-03....

In each of the Month-Year columns, I have only one of five values - A, B, C, D, E (category)

I am creating a Sankey Chart to see the movement of IDs from one category to another category. For this, I am currently mentioning static SOURCE and DESTINATION in Sankey Chart. However, I want to be able to select the SOURCE and DESTINATION in a dynamic way.

The problem here is that, unlike the usual dynamic selection, I have the column names that I have to select dynamically. 

I tried to do following things, but could not progress any further:

1. Unpivot the columns in Data Transformation. However, the columns keep changing. There are 12 columns with rolling 12 months. So, in June 2023, we will have columns from Jul-2022 till Jun-2023, but in July 2023 we will have columns from Aug-2022 till Jul-2023

2. Creating parameters. For obvious reasons, that didn't help either

Is there anything anyone could suggest?

Many thanks!

Dipesh

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.