Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

nmcclary
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic Grid for Dashboard

Hey everyone,

I have received the request in the screenshot below for an organization wide dashboard. I know how I will build most of it but what I can't figure out how to approach is the grid on the right. In this example, there are 24 metrics coming from 10-15 different sources. Each of these are different calculations. I can easily make a grid that has the values but what I can't figure out is how to get the target, score, and weight to transfer over. The target, score, and weight will be housed in another static table. What's the best way to approach this?

Also, the end user would like the feature where you highlight a metric title and the box in the lower middle will populate with the information listed. I believe I can figure this out but if anyone has quick tips there, that is appreciate as well.

Thank you,

Nick

nmcclary_0-1622134578423.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After looking at this a bit, I was able to figure out. Solution is super easy, though I don't know how optimal it will be as data sets get larger. Posting this for reference for anyone in the future.

On the left hand side, the metric name comes from the static table along with the goal and weight. The score is then put in using an: if(values(Metrictext) = "MetricName1", [MetricScore1],
if(values(Metrictext) = "MetricName2", [MetricScore2],... and so on and so on. I'll do the same calculation for the "Status" option. We'll see how it performs with 30 different metrics but may be the only solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nmcclary
Helper II
Helper II

Any help available on this topic or other recommendations for how to display is greatly appreciated.

After looking at this a bit, I was able to figure out. Solution is super easy, though I don't know how optimal it will be as data sets get larger. Posting this for reference for anyone in the future.

On the left hand side, the metric name comes from the static table along with the goal and weight. The score is then put in using an: if(values(Metrictext) = "MetricName1", [MetricScore1],
if(values(Metrictext) = "MetricName2", [MetricScore2],... and so on and so on. I'll do the same calculation for the "Status" option. We'll see how it performs with 30 different metrics but may be the only solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.