Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate slicer selection controls on every page

(Originally posted in Developer but deleted there as Desktops is more appropriate.)

I have a set of slicers at the top of each page of a dashboard. I'd like the controls all to be identical - size, shape, position, etc.  Right now, I group them on an invisible template page and copy / paste the group to each active page:

enirgin_0-1680090635429.png

But let's say I add or remove (a) slicer(s), so I change the slicer selection part of the UI:

enirgin_1-1680090635431.png

My next step is to delete the controls from each page and copy/paste the new controls, and experience shows that can cause formatting and other messes. Plus, it's just a pain.

So I'm looking for a way to create a single set of controls that would exist on all pages and, when changes are made to the "template", reflect them everywhere? Not just syncing the slicer data across pages, but the set of slicer objects.  Like a linked group within each page, or a universal dashboard header on each page, something like that.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power BI you cannot have a group of visualizations being duplicated automatically between pages, so you cannot have this working.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JohnShepherdAPD
Helper II
Helper II

I understand now, I assume you have tried grouping the objects in the selection pane then copying that group across?

I haven't tried this myself, but you may be able to hide the slicers on every page and then setup a bookmarked page that has the visible slicers synced to the invisible slicers that have the formatting you need, that way

1) you have more screen real estate to work with

2) you only have to update one bookmarked page formatting wise

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power BI you cannot have a group of visualizations being duplicated automatically between pages, so you cannot have this working.

Regards

Miguel Félix

I would use the "Sync Slicers" pane functionality, this will update the related slicers on the other pages.

JohnShepherdAPD_0-1680165637304.png

The sync slicers updates the values but not the position and size of the slicers, if you use the sync slicers in pages that don't have that slicer then it will place the slicer on the same spot however if you already have it on the page the format and location will be kept the same.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I do that, but I want to sync the objects that control the slicers themselves.  Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.