Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ldwf
Helper III
Helper III

Drill through on Total in matrix & on drill through report show the word 'All' with the grand total

Is it possible when drilling through from the total cell on a matrix that the drill through report you navigate to show the word 'All' with the grand total?  I have a card on my drill through report that displays the total number for each row/column combination in the matrix that the viewer drills from , and when the viewer drills through on the Total column for the row, I want the card to show one row with the word 'All'.  Instead, I am getting multiple rows in the [multi] card, i.e, one row for each row/column combination in the matrix.  I want just one row showing the grand total with the word 'Total'

2 REPLIES 2
ldwf
Helper III
Helper III

Sure.  The following is a screen shot of the matrix.  For any cell in yellow, I can drill thru and it passes the country name and the coming due interval down to the drill thru report, and shows the detail records behind the cell value.

ComingDueIntervalbyCountry.PNG

In my drill thru report, I have a multi-row card at the top of the page that shows the country name, the coming due interval, and the value so that the user knows where they drilled down from:

ComingDue90Days.PNG

The visual then lists the 203 items coming due in 90 days.  The user would also like to drill thru on the grand total column in green (i.e, the value of 1758).  The drill thru report correctly lists the 1758 records in the visual, but I would like the card ine drill thru report to look like this:

GreeceTotal.PNG

Instead, the multi-row card provides a row by row breakdown of the total, broken down by each interval

GreeceBreakdown.PNG

is it possible to get the card to display just one row with the word 'Total', or 'All'?

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @ldwf 

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,
Rita Fainshtein | Microsoft MVP
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rita-fainshtein/
Blog : https://www.madeiradata.com/profile/ritaf/profile

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.