Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

telesforo1969
Helper III
Helper III

Do not group the same date

I have a table with two columns: date and Cost. several costs have the same date, I don't want them to be grouped by date. I want to reproduce the same table in PowerBI,Tabla.JPG

25 REPLIES 25
telesforo1969
Helper III
Helper III

fecha.JPG

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @telesforo1969 ,

Although you choose Don't Summarize, if you have many identical duplicate values, PowerBI will still keep only one unique value. You may consider adding a new column to distinguish these identical values:

vjianbolimsft_0-1675907036158.png

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_1-1675907066199.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much, but it's not exactly what I need

it's not possible if i don't add another column? I would not want to add a third variable to present the repeated values. I can see from Padycosmos's solution that it's possible, except he's hidden a third column.

tabla 4.JPG

I have no hidden columns. Could you please check whether Do not summarize is on for the date column , and the id report column as  well?

is correct, both columns is activated "Do not summarize"

I hope your visual is a Table visual and could you please share your pbix file, if the data is not sensitive?

tabla 6.JPGtabla 7.JPG

It is a problem with the new version. You can solve the problem by adding an Index column in Power Query. You can hide the index column in the report as shown in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLljgsCO20o

Padycosmos_0-1676061150829.png

I did it, but I have a 2021 version that when hiding the column there is no problem with the size of the row and in the updated version the rows are enlarged when hiding said column

Padycosmos_0-1676064877624.png

Did you try editing the column name and changing it to just 1 letter and then hiding?

As I see, there should not be any problem creating a Table visual showing all the dates and cost withou summarizing

It's what I think, but it just doesn't. I have also deactivated the time intelligence option and it continues grouping. Could you share your PowerBI file please?

I don't see the option to attach file.  What would be the option to share the file?

Could you please put it in google drive and paste the link here?

It is the problem with the new version, I think. However, my data works even in the new version. The file I have used is in the folder in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/164LWrWTORld8XQ4qcR0qZJNK_z9tyNdf?usp=share_link

I have to add a third column, index for example?tabla 8.JPG

Yes and then in the columns well, rename the column with just the letter 'I'. Then, in the visual , you can drag the column to the left and conceal it

Padycosmos_0-1676313308737.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.