Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

raulopez
Frequent Visitor

Distinct count table

Greetings! I have a Power Bi table with the document total with distinctive count, but when adding any of the fields from the same table to the Power BI table type display, it does not match the distinctive total. (sex, area, month, etc.). The aggregate field sums continue to add distinctively and not by reason of the grand total of the distinctive count. Here are 2 examples, the first wrong and the second how it should show the totals when adding fields to the visualization, it should be noted that I am using a filter for year and semester that affects the visualization.
Applied measure: unique data = DISTINCTCOUNT ('TABLE' [ID])
Example 1: Applying filter year: 2020 Semester: S2
filtro.jpg
That's wrong, the distinctive total should be 6565, based on the distinctive count in the table. I don't know if the duplicate dates field in the table can affect these results.
1.png
Example 2:
Applying filter year: 2021
Semester: S1
It is correct to add the Female + Male values ​​coincide with the overall distinctive total of the table.
1.jpg

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@raulopez m Th total in the first visual seems correct, it can be less than and equal to the sum of line-level total in case of countdistinct. As grand total is calculated again

In case you think line level values are wrong

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@raulopez m Th total in the first visual seems correct, it can be less than and equal to the sum of line-level total in case of countdistinct. As grand total is calculated again

In case you think line level values are wrong

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

I share the pbix, thanks!
https://github.com/orlapez/API

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.