Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mali130
Helper I
Helper I

Displaying Column numeric value with Date on X-Axis

Hi PowerBI Champs,

I am plotting a graph with a numercial value on y-axis and date on x-axis. Whenever i plot the y-axis measure it shows me the count. I just want it to plot the real numeric value and percentage value (for another graph). Can you pelase advise how to do that. Much appreciated. 

Regards,

Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since it is only one point it doesn't make a difference if you use average, max, min since it will return the only value.

Count will count the amount of values for each date that is 1.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
mali130
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Jorge, each date has one for one particular column

If you right click on the Value column do you have the "Don't summarize" option?

JorgePinho_0-1666709260358.png

I do see that and i choose that. But even after doing that when i plot it on y-axis it comes as a count. 

Can you provide some print screens of your table and visual?

mali130_0-1666712105900.png

The summarization that you highlighted is the default summarization, what doesn't guarantee that is the one being used by the visual.

Please click on the arrow that I marked with a red circle and choose "Don't Summarize"

JorgePinho_0-1666712661164.png

Hi Jorge,

I dont know why i am not able to see the 'dont summarize' option when i click the arrow that you highlighted. Please see below;

mali130_0-1666712991338.png

It's probably because of your data model. Try using max and check if you get the desired result.

Actually using average also gives me the desired result but was wondering is that a normal behaviour. Should i try changing the data type from Whole Number ?

The Summarization options depend on the visual you're using. In line chart visual, "Do Not Summarize" is not available but in a table visual it is, for example.

I see, so i guess the best way is to maybe use an average value or use the max as it will solve the issue in my case. 

Since it is only one point it doesn't make a difference if you use average, max, min since it will return the only value.

Count will count the amount of values for each date that is 1.

JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

In your data model each date has only one value? Or there are multiple rows with values for the same date?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.