Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

plaplant
Helper I
Helper I

Display visuals based on pick lists

Hi, I was sent a request and am not sure the best way to try and set something up to accomplish the request or at least get close.  There are a few goals/challenges related to this.   I have 4 metrics that I'm currently reporting on.  Each has it's own visual Trend line visual.   I have slicers at the top of my page that allow someone to choose a program or a team.   Each Program would have a collection of teams but the count of teams is not consistent among programs so one might have 4 teams and one might have 8.  I think the max is 14 teams for a single program right now.  One goal would be to choose a program and then each of the teams under that program would be represented in a separate line chart.   When I click on a different program the teams that roll up to that program would be displayed.  As I said, there are different team counts on each program so the number of visuals would change based on the program selected.    Is that possible and how would you set that up?  One thought was a button for each Program that when clicked would run a bookmark that shows the already created team visuals and hides the others however as there are something like 140 or so teams overall that would mean I need 140 or so charts.  I'm hoping there is a different way.   The 2nd goal would be to incorporate a way to select 1 of 4 metrics and then the charts would change to display that metric.   Ultimately I would choose Metric 1 and Program x and now I would see all the teams under Program x and see their Metric 1.   If I changed to Metric 2 I would now see that in the charts for Program x's teams.   If I changed to Program Y I would now see Progtram Y's teams with Metric 2, etc.    Is any of this possible?     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

HI @plaplant ,

For this you should use the Small multiples that allows to duplicate a visualization based on the criteria.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-small-multiples

This will allow to have the information has tyou need without any bookmarks

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

HI @plaplant ,

For this you should use the Small multiples that allows to duplicate a visualization based on the criteria.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-small-multiples

This will allow to have the information has tyou need without any bookmarks

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi Miguel, this is something I was not aware of.   I'm proposing multiple solutions to my team and this does seem to be one of them.   It's not the cleanest solution but it does seem to work.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.