Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display only the last month data in a line graph and the legend at the end of the line graph

How to display only the last month data in a line graph and in addition, to display the legend at the end of the line graph ?

Appreciate your assistance to get this done.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Please see this link for the legend at the end of the line graph, if I got your point correctly 🙂

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-september-2021-feature-summary/#post-17174-_Toc81908303

There are many ways to filter the display of the line graph to show the last month; you can set a filter on the Filter pane or use DAX.

Add more details or share a sample of data.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SIH007_1
Frequent Visitor

I think I have the same problem. My linechart is fed from a database which is permanently updated. So right now I can see all sums till today (October). But today is October 6th, the sales numbers for this month are pretty low (and are growing towards the end of this month). So I want to show only the numbers till end of September. How does that work?

Screenshot.png

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Please see this link for the legend at the end of the line graph, if I got your point correctly 🙂

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-september-2021-feature-summary/#post-17174-_Toc81908303

There are many ways to filter the display of the line graph to show the last month; you can set a filter on the Filter pane or use DAX.

Add more details or share a sample of data.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Vahid for your reply.

Legend appears on updating the latest version of Power BI.

Second request was to display the DATA for the last month of the line graph, not to display the last MONTH.

I mean , for example, for a line graph for a period of one year from Jan to Dec, I need to display the Data for Dec only("Data label" option display the data for all months).

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

What do you mean by Last Month Data? Need more context to it. To show the legend you  can turn on the series lable. This feature was released in September 2021 update

Fowmy_0-1633861860050.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.