Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JemmaD
Resolver II
Resolver II

Display measure in Row Total only

Ok i'm trying again as I did not get any helpful responses to an earlier attempt at a solution

I have a measure called [Subs Demand] which uses the following DAX:

Subs Demand = 
VAR Referred_Quotes = CALCULATE ( [Quotes] , 'Quotes'[REFERAL] = "Referred" )
VAR _Tasks = CALCULATE ( [Tasks Total] , 'Task_Report'[Business Type] = "New Business" || 'Task_Report'[Business Type] = "Renewal" )

RETURN
_Tasks - Referred_Quotes

I add this to a matrix which has Business Type in Rows (as new business or renewal) , REFERAL in Columns (as auto or referred), [Quotes] and [Subs Demand] in Values.

However [Subs Demand] is not split by REFERAL, only Business Type so I only want it to appear in the Row Total and not next to the [Quotes] measure which is split by both Business Type and REFERAL. 

This is a screenshot of my result, is there any DAX or method I can use to force the [Subs Demand] measure to only appear in the Row Total? Please help me with syntax!

JemmaD_0-1707475866741.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JemmaD
Resolver II
Resolver II

Wow 30 views and no responses!

I ended up using IF(ISFILTERED('Quotes'[REFERAL]), Blank(), [Measure] and it takes the values out. Then I can reduce the columns by disabling wrap text.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JemmaD
Resolver II
Resolver II

Wow 30 views and no responses!

I ended up using IF(ISFILTERED('Quotes'[REFERAL]), Blank(), [Measure] and it takes the values out. Then I can reduce the columns by disabling wrap text.

@JemmaD 

if you are using a matrix, it is preferable to use isinscope() function .

isinscope mainly task iis to control the calculation of a matrix base on the level you are on . 

https://dax.guide/isinscope/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.