Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disabling lineage

Hi

I'm creating, in DAX, a calculated table that UNION two ones

- a "normal" table

- and a SUMMARIZED one that takes data from another one

It works but when I try to drag relationships between other dimensions of my schema, PowerBI warns me of circular dependencies. As this table is not connected to anything else, I'm pretty sure that this is due to the fact that the SUMMARIZE takes data from a table and the lineage of the columns is preserved.

So I know that TREATAS can be used to "build" lineages, but is there any way to "disable" lineage when writing a summarize?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

This article is probably worth a read. https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/avoiding-circular-dependency-errors-in-dax/

Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mariusz, that was very helpful, thanks. In fact, my model is fairly complex with at least three calculated tables, and probably some implicit ALLs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.