Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

onedayover
Helper II
Helper II

Disable other date slicers when custom date slider is used

Hi All
I have multiple individual date slicers used in my report - years, terms, weeks and months which are all from my date table. I'm now trying to add a custom slider as well that will allow users to select their own dates. Ultimately, I would like this "custom" slider to work independently from the other date slicers. So essentially, if the custom slider is being used then the years, terms, weeks and months would be disabled and vice versa. Would this be possible to do?

Many thanks

date_slicers.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @onedayover 

There is a new Clear all slicers button available https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/buttons-apply-all-clear-all-slicers?tabs=p... 

Maybe you can layer it over the Date Btween slicer, so when you click on it, it clear what you defined when setting up the button.

Thanks

Joe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoeBarry
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @onedayover 

You can disable interactions. Highlight one of the slicers, in the Ribbon a format tab will appear. click on Edit interactions and by highlighting a slicer a tab will apear top right of the visual, by clicking on the circle, this will diable the other slicer and highlight the other slicer to do the same.

JoeBarry_0-1692780436263.png

This will only disable the slicers, but all the slicers will still be active for the other visuals. 

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for getting back to me. On reading your response I realised that it wasn't only about disabling the slicers when the custom date filter is used, it's also about clearing all the other slicer filters as well. I did use the Edit interactions, however found that if a year, month etc was already selected then it remained that way even though I was able to use the custom slicer. Is there a way to not only disable the other slicers but to also clear them if a custom date range is being used? Thanks 

Hi @onedayover 

There is a new Clear all slicers button available https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/buttons-apply-all-clear-all-slicers?tabs=p... 

Maybe you can layer it over the Date Btween slicer, so when you click on it, it clear what you defined when setting up the button.

Thanks

Joe

Thanks Joe, I think that will work and will give it a go. I appreciate your time in helping me out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.