Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

R_Username

Dimension Table Relationship Not Working

I have two queries that have ID codes for certain events called "PROGRAMME.CODE".

I have made a dimension table using these programme codes and have added programme titles. This dimension table has a one to many relationship with my two queries, however when I make a matrix table and I want the programme titles to come up in the table instead of programme codes, it acts as if there's no relationship.

Has anyone solved a similar issue when using a product ID number but wanting a title to come up in a report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @R_Username ,

Please have a try.

1. Open the "Manage Relationships" window in Power BI by clicking on the "Manage Relationships" button in the "Modeling" tab.

2. Check that the relationship between your dimension table and your two queries is set up correctly. Specifically, ensure that the "PROGRAMME.CODE" column in your dimension table is related to the "PROGRAMME.CODE" column in your two queries.

3. If the relationship is not set up correctly, you can edit it by clicking on the relationship arrow and adjusting the columns that are used for the relationship.

4. Once the relationship is set up correctly, try adding the "PROGRAMME.TITLE" column from your dimension table to your matrix table. This should display the programme titles instead of the programme codes.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @R_Username ,

Please have a try.

1. Open the "Manage Relationships" window in Power BI by clicking on the "Manage Relationships" button in the "Modeling" tab.

2. Check that the relationship between your dimension table and your two queries is set up correctly. Specifically, ensure that the "PROGRAMME.CODE" column in your dimension table is related to the "PROGRAMME.CODE" column in your two queries.

3. If the relationship is not set up correctly, you can edit it by clicking on the relationship arrow and adjusting the columns that are used for the relationship.

4. Once the relationship is set up correctly, try adding the "PROGRAMME.TITLE" column from your dimension table to your matrix table. This should display the programme titles instead of the programme codes.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.