Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

scottrmeredith
Frequent Visitor

Different Errors on each refresh in Desktop

A spelling error was corrected on a field in one of my data sources so my online scheduled refresh failed.  I opened my report to update it in desktop and when I try to refresh the data in desktop, I keep getting different errors that jump around to different data sources.  I have tried to only refresh my parent data sources and disable refresh on all my referenced child tables, I have two data source types, one is Dataverse and one is SQL.  Anything with prms as the prefix is SQL, and anything SB2 is Dataverse.  I was going to try to disable loading the data, but that would have broken my visuals on the pages it warned so I haven't tried that yet.

scottrmeredith_0-1702400195540.png

scottrmeredith_1-1702400208219.pngscottrmeredith_2-1702400216481.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
scottrmeredith
Frequent Visitor

So what I ended up doing to fix it was download the PBIX file from the online service and then ran the refresh and updated the fields that had the spelling change.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
scottrmeredith
Frequent Visitor

So what I ended up doing to fix it was download the PBIX file from the online service and then ran the refresh and updated the fields that had the spelling change.

I have had this issue repeat 2 more times since I found a solution to this, and my solution did not work the subsequent times.  I did get it to work one more time by using my personal computer and ISP, but that did not work again the 3rd time I encountered the error.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @scottrmeredith ,

what i would do is that i go to power query and try to refresh every table alone to see where is the error is coming from and then solve the issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

So I went table by table in the power query editor and refreshed each table by either clicking the refresh button if it displayed or the Refresh Preview button if it did not.

scottrmeredith_0-1702409551789.png

One table did give me the following error when trying to refresh the preview, but I did it a second time and it refreshed fine.

scottrmeredith_1-1702409634118.png

So then I did refresh from the vidual editor screen and got this error message.

scottrmeredith_2-1702409680524.png

So I went back into transformations and re-did the preview refresh on that table and tried the overall refresh again.  The second time I get the same error, but on a different child referenced table.

scottrmeredith_3-1702410315701.png

I have also tried to clear the permissions for the data sources and re-connect.  Same error, just a different child referenced table from Dataverse.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.