Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tobiasnygren
Resolver I
Resolver I

Deployment pipelines and Incremental refresh

Hi guys!

Is it possible to use pipelines when I have a table with Incremental refresh in the model?
I also want diffrent incremental refresh settings between test and production.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The solution I found is to mantain the same incremental refresh policy, but filtering the test table with a parameter in order to reduce the amount of data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @tobiasnygren ,

the answer to the first part of your question is - yes. Incremental refresh is supported by deployment pipelines.

This is the aricle: Deployment pipelines process - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

The second part, diffrent incremental refresh policies per stage seems to be difficult. I recommend, tweekig the refresh policies using Tabular Editor and make some thorough testing.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Do you have any tips on how to do it in Tabular editor.
I want to change "Store rows where column "X" is in the last X months" in the incremental refresh dialog.
In the test workspace I'm fine with one months of data because of the dataset is big.
And in the production database I want to have 2 years of data.

The solution I found is to mantain the same incremental refresh policy, but filtering the test table with a parameter in order to reduce the amount of data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.