Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ksab23
Helper I
Helper I

Decomposition tree totals

Hi all, any advice on whether I can make the last column of my decomposition tree show total value instead of breaking it down to categories (3 kids won 0 USD coupons, 1 kid won 0.45 USD coupon, etc.)? I need it to show 10 USD or whatever the actual total is. I was thinking that I might need a formula for it but I wouldn't know to build it, since there are other categories as well - Won, Lost, and Pending, and for each, I need the total summed amount of coupons.

Thanks a lot!

ksab23_0-1680527298676.png

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ksab23 

This can be done using a dax measure but that would show the same value in all of the values (in this case 3) also be aware that you cannot control if the calculation is on the last level of the tree, meaning that if the category you use for that specific calculation is put on the second place of the tree you will get the 10 on the second place not on the last one.

Another question that I have is do you want to still have the split or do you want to have a single valuefor that specific column of the tree?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors