Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Datetime change dynamically

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a solution, if is possible, for datetime. I do have a report which shows the sales datetime and the datetime is in GMT.

I would the end user, based in Germany and in Greece, to see the datetime according to his country time.

See below example:

if a sale is done on 09/05/2020 16:00 GMT time, the German user should see this sale at 09/05/2020 18:00 and the Greek one at 09/05/2020 19:00. 

Is it possible? 

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I agree with what suggested by @parry2k ,it's really not an easy thing to realize as you wish.My suggestion is to create 2 columns showing the 2 datetime(German and Greek) together.Or you can create 2 pages pointing to different groups of users...

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I agree with what suggested by @parry2k ,it's really not an easy thing to realize as you wish.My suggestion is to create 2 columns showing the 2 datetime(German and Greek) together.Or you can create 2 pages pointing to different groups of users...

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can do this by using the Parameter Table pattern https://www.daxpatterns.com/parameter-table/

You can make a parameter table of your users. In that table include the offset in hours from GMT.

Then, any place on your report you want to display a date/time, use a measure. That measure will get the selected user from the parameter table and lookup their offset and use that to calculate what time to display.

If you need examples for the DAX let me know and I'll do a small sample.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!