Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Date table Language Issues

Hello Guys,

I want my dates in English langauge, but I dont know how i am getting the dates in some other language, I tried to change the regional setting of my computer and also the Power BI, but nothing is helping.

Can you guys let me know where i am going wrong.

The creator of the Power BI had a french locale and as i am using the same pbix, is that causing the issue?

NimaiAhluwalia_0-1666086920451.png

NimaiAhluwalia_2-1666086975099.png

NimaiAhluwalia_0-1666088285603.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @NimaiAhluwalia 

Thanks for your reply.

(1) solution1, in addition to the methods I mentioned above, you can also use the following method to quickly recreate a calendar table, see sample file attached below.

vxiaotang_0-1667369908784.png

(2) solution2, you can also adjust the date format in PQ, select using locale

vxiaotang_1-1667370080481.png

vxiaotang_2-1667370106600.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaSo
Frequent Visitor

Hi I have the same problem, I changed the date format to "Local" in the Data set, it shows example in english but in the table visual its still Danish.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NimaiAhluwalia 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Power BI Desktop won't change the text of your data, so check if the data in the connected data source is in French. Besideds, it doesn't have a translation feature, you can upload pbix to the Service and then use the translation plugin on your browser as a workaround.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-xiaotang 

It has nothing to do with the datasource as this is a date table which i have created in power bi.

I will try the work around and let you know, thanks

Hi @NimaiAhluwalia 

Thanks for your reply.

(1) solution1, in addition to the methods I mentioned above, you can also use the following method to quickly recreate a calendar table, see sample file attached below.

vxiaotang_0-1667369908784.png

(2) solution2, you can also adjust the date format in PQ, select using locale

vxiaotang_1-1667370080481.png

vxiaotang_2-1667370106600.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.