Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sab2000

Date slicer and data filtering issue

Hi

I am new to Power BI and desparately need some help please.

I have 2 tables DateTable and Invoice data table (Jan2020). There is a link between DateTable and Jan2020 (invoice details) table (Date as the Key).

If I set the date slicer based on the dateTable's date field I get a different result for the Invoice totals (2.48M). And, if I change that to the date field from the Jan2020 table, then the correct invoice total (5.54) is shown. Not sure why like that.

I have attached both the pbix files and the excel file as well. -  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtH8_xtZzGbXajif1stJLLvoVZU?e=bqcV8I

Can someone please have a look and let me know what I am doing wrong here. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sab2000 , your date has timestamp. I create a new date and joined with it. Please find the attached file.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sab2000 , your date has timestamp. I create a new date and joined with it. Please find the attached file.

Thanks a lot. When i was distracted with the view when you click on the table that shows the date value as as xx/xx/xxxx 12:00:00AM.

Thanks again

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.