Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rich-PD
Regular Visitor

Date order if primary axis is a text field

I am working on a column chart that lists the click rate of an email series. I want the axis to be the title of the email sent, but the order to be based on the date sent. I currently have the axis set up as below, but the date order is not correct. How can I get the values to display in date order?

(Edit: Actually ideally I'd like the bottom axis to display the email title + date sent)

screenshot-nimbus-capture-2020.03.03-13_21_09.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rich-PD ,

On the X-Axis go to the lowest level of the axis, then the sort of the visualizaion will pick up the date column and you can order by date, also go to the options of the X-Axis and turn on concatenation to show both values.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rich-PD ,

On the X-Axis go to the lowest level of the axis, then the sort of the visualizaion will pick up the date column and you can order by date, also go to the options of the X-Axis and turn on concatenation to show both values.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi @MFelix - thanks for your help. 😊

I drilled down on the X-axis but the dates are now running across months, whereas they need to be in order. Also the concatenate option is on but the label only displays as 'Day'

screenshot-nimbus-capture-2020.03.03-15_18_54.pngscreenshot-nimbus-capture-2020.03.03-15_21_55.png

If you need to have the entire month you should change the hierarchy on the axis to the date.

That should give you date values and not Year / month / date.

Regards

Miguel Félix

@MFelix - aha, think i got it. cheers!

screenshot-nimbus-capture-2020.03.03-16_34_20.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.