Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ryanjlind
Advocate I
Advocate I

Date Slicer does not update after selecting dates from a ChicletSlicer

I have a report that gives the user two different ways of choosing a date range.  They can either choose from some pre-set ranges (MTD, YTD, etc.) using the ChicletSlicer or they can choose a custom date range from an ordinary slicer.  Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about.

image.png

Both of these controls are set to the same date field, so there is no relationship to manage.

The way I want it to work is that if the user selects one of the options of the left, the slicer will update to the values for that option.  For example if the user selects  "Current YTD" I would expect the slicer to update to "January 1, 2018 to March 26, 2018."

I would like it to be uni-directional, so that the user can make changes to the slicer without it affecting which buttons on the left are available.

Instead, the exact opposite happens and I cannot figure out how to change this.  If I select one of the presets on the left, it has absolutely no effect on the slicer, but if I change the slicer, it controls which buttons are available.  For example if I set the slicer to "March 10, 2018 to March 26, 2018" then the only button the left that is available is "Current MTD."  This is the exact opposite of what I want.

Is what I want possible and how?

Thank you

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ryanjlind,

Click on the ChicletSlicer, then enable Edit interactions, make sure that you choose Filter for the Date slicer.

1.JPG

Click on the date slicer, make sure that you choose "None" for ChicletSlicer.
2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ryanjlind,

Click on the ChicletSlicer, then enable Edit interactions, make sure that you choose Filter for the Date slicer.

1.JPG

Click on the date slicer, make sure that you choose "None" for ChicletSlicer.
2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was  looking for a solution of similar  issue .... and  wow it works ... Thank You 

Yarli

This is great; thank you so much.  I didn't even know about the "Edit Interactions" button.  This is going to be very helpful in the future!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.