Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jac05008

Date Functions Without Standard Date Calendar

Hi Everyone,

I have been working through an issue for a couple of days now that I cannot figure out a solution too.

Essentially, I am trying to calculate MTD sales $ for LY but the data set that I am working with does not have a standard calendar assigned to it. The data has a "Process Week" with includes fiscal year and fiscal week in the following format ("202301"). Without specific dates assigned in the original data set I am having difficulty using the traditional time intelligence functions. Another issue I am having is that the calendar I need to be working off of starts in February instead of January due to our Fiscal Year. This also makes using the time intelligence functions difficult.

Any ideas on how I can calculate LY MTD $ without using time intelligence functions? I was thinking about using a "same period last year" formula but it is not working properly. Thanks!

I am going to include an example of the data set and the calendar table I have created for reference.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Any ideas on how I can calculate LY MTD $ without using time intelligence functions?

Not recommended.  Add a calendar table to your data model.  Include your fiscal calendar columns in that table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.