Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shanze
Frequent Visitor

Data table with two keys

I have a data set of material consumption. The table has both which material is consumed aka "Material" and where it is consumed "Order".

For modeling Material is made the key field. However for one specific purpose I.e. showing consumption chart of material, need to sum Quantities by Order and not material field.

Pls note in most pages of my report, slicer of Material exist, hence I am finding it very difficult to sum quantities by Order.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Shanze
Frequent Visitor

Let me repharase the situation of my model a bit. I have this matrix situation and slicer is set for product/ material, so it is filtering what materials are used for production of each product. i need to change filter context for one visual so it shows me products to product consumption. 

Shanze_0-1679687617626.png

meenakp
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Shanze, It appears you should use measure with ALL. this would ignore defined filters - in your case material filter..

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/all-function-dax

I did, but then it doesn't sum up quantities at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.