Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DarioBarbadillo
Frequent Visitor

Data Source configuration issue - Several ports for same address

I am unable to configure automatic updates into Power BI Service due to my Desktop file, which I am using as on-premise gateways, does not recognize one of the address I am using.

I am getting data from an API through a function using Web Content as follows:

Json.Document(Web.Contents(Gateway & ":" & Port,
                               [
                               RelativePath="blahblah",
                               Query=[
                                            parameters...
                                            ]
                             ]
                             )
                ),

I am feeeding Gateway and port parameters to my function and my problem is that it only configures the firts port to appear in each Gateway. Thus causing that Data Source Configuration does not recognize other ports; although they appear into global permissions, they are not generated into my file. Can I somewhat add them to the file?

Data Sources into FileData Sources into FileGlobal permissionsGlobal permissions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarioBarbadillo
Frequent Visitor

Well, maybe I posted my issue too fast. I just realized that I am generating the url in code and that is not supported by Power BI Service.

Thus, I am creating an if else statement into my function to have all the static url not generated by code. If anyone has a better solution, please let me know cause my database of Gateway:ports is still growing and an automatic solution would be nice.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DarioBarbadillo
Frequent Visitor

Well, maybe I posted my issue too fast. I just realized that I am generating the url in code and that is not supported by Power BI Service.

Thus, I am creating an if else statement into my function to have all the static url not generated by code. If anyone has a better solution, please let me know cause my database of Gateway:ports is still growing and an automatic solution would be nice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.