Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

VulcanPromance
Helper II
Helper II

Data Quality Issue

I have 2 tables.

Employees and Licenses

help7.png

When I try to do a visual of those using The ID and Licensetype from License Table and Name, Company and Surname from Employees table, then suddenly a couple of users lost information.. If I do a full visual from Employees Table, and try to add just the LicenseType from Licenses to that presentation, then all information is lost.  Its only for a very few users this happens and I have no idea why..

3 REPLIES 3
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

This looks like powerbi can't match up ID = 1 between the two tables.

Check the data types you have on the ID field in both tables.  This can happen if there is a mismatch (at least one may be text and may have additional hidden chars, spaces etc).

@HotChilli 

Both columns are Text (cause the actual data is like t505050 or ttggt or similar..)

The system that contains the data also creates an account using the CorporateID from Employee to create Account so they will stay equal. But to be sure I checked 2 of the records.. no spaces before or after on either.

Powerbi thinks the fields are different.  You'll have to debug the issue.  Try going into Power Query and cleaning the data with Trim, Upper etc.

Experiment with merging queries in Power Query to see if it can join on the fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.