Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

DAX for If with Filter

Hello

I am trying to create a calculated column that returns a yes or no based on the following conditions.

The max value in column A (LP Actuals'[Last Quantity Entered in past 15 days]) is 1 and also max value in column B ([Last Hours Entered in past 15 days]) is also 1 for that particular job id.

The dataset is a little complicated in the sense that on any particular row, we will not have value for column a and b at the same time. So essentially we need to go through all rows for that particular job and if there is a max value of 1 in column A and max value of 1 in column B, then it must return yes else no

IF(MAX('LP Actuals','LP Actuals'[Last Quantity Entered in past 15 days]=1 && MAX('LP Actuals','LP Actuals'[Last Hours Entered in past 15 days]=1) && 'LP Actuals'[Job Code]=EARLIER('LP Actuals'[Job Code]),"yes","no"))))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @svishwanathan

I think this might be closer (and maybe easier to read)

New Ccolumn = 
VAR Col1 = CALCULATE(MAX('LP Actuals'[Last Quantity Entered in past 15 days]),'LP Actuals'[Job Code] = EARLIER('LP Actuals'[Job Code]))
VAR Col2 = CALCULATE(MAX('LP Actuals'[Last Hours Entered in past 15 days]),'LP Actuals'[Job Code] = EARLIER('LP Actuals'[Job Code]))
RETURN IF(
        Col1=1 && Col2=1 , 
        --THEN--
        "Yes",
        --ELSE--
        "No"
        )

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @svishwanathan

I think this might be closer (and maybe easier to read)

New Ccolumn = 
VAR Col1 = CALCULATE(MAX('LP Actuals'[Last Quantity Entered in past 15 days]),'LP Actuals'[Job Code] = EARLIER('LP Actuals'[Job Code]))
VAR Col2 = CALCULATE(MAX('LP Actuals'[Last Hours Entered in past 15 days]),'LP Actuals'[Job Code] = EARLIER('LP Actuals'[Job Code]))
RETURN IF(
        Col1=1 && Col2=1 , 
        --THEN--
        "Yes",
        --ELSE--
        "No"
        )

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks Phil

Works well

Phil

Thanks for your help. I am experiencing an unusal situation. If I add any calculated column, after the one you helped me to create it says A circular dependency was detected

Can you make a guess on what might be happening

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.