Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

DAX Studio - List of Measures

Hello ALL,

I've been extracting the Measures List per @MattAllington's very good and detailed instructions here for a while now

but have always had to copy them from the Results grid in DAX Studio and paste into Excel.

I never get the option to Output in Excel as seen in Matt's blog and in the picture below (in the Red rectangle)

I've tried with both Excel running and not running... Has anyone else encountered this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2016-10-03 - DAX Studio.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sean,

The Excel buttons are available when you have installed the DAX Studio Add-in in Excel 2013 or 2016.

You should launch your dax studio from here and you can see both the buttons you are looking for. You can see attached screenshot and you can connect to your PowerBI or Tabular or PowerPivot model from here.

Dax Studio Add in in Excel 2016Dax Studio Add in in Excel 2016Excel ButtonsExcel Buttons

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sean,

The Excel buttons are available when you have installed the DAX Studio Add-in in Excel 2013 or 2016.

You should launch your dax studio from here and you can see both the buttons you are looking for. You can see attached screenshot and you can connect to your PowerBI or Tabular or PowerPivot model from here.

Dax Studio Add in in Excel 2016Dax Studio Add in in Excel 2016Excel ButtonsExcel Buttons

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

@BhaveshPatel Thanks! I kind of expected this to be something small and that's why I didn't ask for so long Smiley Happy

You know I've had the Power Pivot Utilites tool for a long time...

I still keep it up to date but pretty much have stopped using it since I've transitioned almost entirely to PBI from PowerPivot!

So I never even thought about launching DAX Studio from there!?

Anyway Thanks again! Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.