Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tara_01
Helper II
Helper II

DAX Measure for blank values

Hi all,

Urgent help !! I am writing a dax measure for a matrix table so the table has month in columns and Items in row will share the screenshot below for reference. I have a slicer for year & for NWA Numbers

Now the condition required is if the year is between 2020 till 2022 I want the color of columns to be green including the Row grand total. Now if the year is 2023 I need the current month which is february as green rest all other months as blue including the Row grand total. However for certain month there are records in the excel file which is used for the matrix table values because of which it is blank so how do I write a measure for blank cells 

Measure written as follows :

IF (Max(Month index) > Month(now) && Max(Year) = year(now) , "Sky Blue", "Light Green")

In this what happens is for the blank cells which don't have records in the file the condition fails and it show light green even the month is not the current month screen shot as below can someone help me writing the dax for this one. Your help is appreciated

Tara_01_0-1676348997470.png

2 REPLIES 2
achanikya
Helper I
Helper I

@Tara_01 

try 

IF(
OR(
Max(Month index) > Month(now) && Max(Year) = year(now),
AND(Max(Month index) = 2, Max(Year) = 2023)
),
IF(ISBLANK(SUM(MatrixTable[Value])), BLANK(), "Sky Blue"),
"Light Green"
)

Hi,

thankyou for the help but it's not working I have been trying to get blank values of the rest of the months as blue but it is showing green only since it's failing the condition

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.