Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Net_Sec_Alt
Frequent Visitor

DAX Formula - Extra 0

Hello all,

Why am I getting this blank row with a 0 (see the whitespace and arrow) in my table visual when I use the below DAX?

If I change the 0s on row 18 and 20 of the code to BLANK () I can get it to go away, but I need the 0s to show in the other rows of the chart so that is no good.

I am a total DAX noob who can't figure out why I am getting a blank row in this table if I use NOT(ISBLANK... what am I missing?

Net_Sec_Alt_0-1714509301257.png

FWAL TOTAL =
IF(
    NOT(ISBLANK(SELECTEDVALUE('Raw Data'[Account Number]))),
    IF(
        COUNTROWS(
            FILTER(
                'FWAL',
                'FWAL'[Account Number] = SELECTEDVALUE('Raw Data'[Account Number])
            )
        ) > 0,
        SUMX(
            FILTER(
                'FWAL',
                'FWAL'[Account Number] = SELECTEDVALUE('Raw Data'[Account Number])
            ),
            'FWAL'[4FWAL Total]
        ),
    ),
)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Net_Sec_Alt ,

The Total value is not shown under the other data, I think it's because these columns are all calculated columns and have the aggregation status removed.

vyangliumsft_0-1714527963141.png

However, measure automatically generates a total based on your function, which follows the context of the "Total" row and is calculated in that context. Therefore, a measure used in the columns of a table visualization may have unexpected values in the "Total" column. However, the Total value can be calculated according to your own custom rules.

If you want other rows to show 0, but there is no option to show 0 in the aggregation operation, you can use the create a measure, IF()+HASONEVALUE() function to determine if it is a Total, if it is, it can be calculated according to your own needs, such as the average, Sum, etc., and if it is not a Total, then it will show the normal value.

Index_Measure =
IF(
    HASONEVALUE('Raw Data'[Account Number]),SUM('FWAL'[Index]),0)

vyangliumsft_1-1714527963147.png

[FWAL TOTAL] can be changed to blank() according to your formula.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Net_Sec_Alt ,

The Total value is not shown under the other data, I think it's because these columns are all calculated columns and have the aggregation status removed.

vyangliumsft_0-1714527963141.png

However, measure automatically generates a total based on your function, which follows the context of the "Total" row and is calculated in that context. Therefore, a measure used in the columns of a table visualization may have unexpected values in the "Total" column. However, the Total value can be calculated according to your own custom rules.

If you want other rows to show 0, but there is no option to show 0 in the aggregation operation, you can use the create a measure, IF()+HASONEVALUE() function to determine if it is a Total, if it is, it can be calculated according to your own needs, such as the average, Sum, etc., and if it is not a Total, then it will show the normal value.

Index_Measure =
IF(
    HASONEVALUE('Raw Data'[Account Number]),SUM('FWAL'[Index]),0)

vyangliumsft_1-1714527963147.png

[FWAL TOTAL] can be changed to blank() according to your formula.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.