Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ebrus
Frequent Visitor

DAX Filter Dump displays filters from other columns

Good morning everyone!

I have a fun case here: i have made a filter dump from DAX Studio, which i then edited to not only show the filters that apply values, but also those that exclude values. Now i face the following problem: whenever i enable multiple filters based on columns from a singular table, the formula of DAX Studio does no longer display the filters applied on a column, but also recognizes that those columns filter each other and will display accordingly.

E.G.: When i filter 1 value out of Column A, the measure correctly displays '<> X'. But whenever i apply another filter from the same table, it will affect the first filter and the display no longer shows which filters are applied, but what gets crossfiltered also.

Now i have been puzzeling with ALL, ALLEXCEPT, ALLCROSSFILTERED, FILTERS etc., but i cannot find a solution. The desired result is that the measure ONLY dispays what is enabled or disabled in a column filter and ignores any filtering from other columns.

I have attached a sample dataset in which i have enabled the filters in a way that the problem occurs. In the file, i filter out value 791 from column [PA], but it says i am filtering on 39 values, because of the other filters that are applied. The filter on [PA] should display [PA]<>791. 

Sample report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tl6shig9928we4/SampleReport.pbix?dl=0 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can create dimension tables - connected 1:m to the main table - which contain the distinct values from the relevant columns.  Put these in slicers and the slicer values will not affect other slicers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ebrus
Frequent Visitor

Hey @HotChilli ,

thank you for your reply! How i have not thougt about this is beyond my imagination. This was a test report with just one table (containing all fields of a model) which had to be fully functional before the modelling and lift-and-shift happened. Ofcourse this is the result...

Thank you and have a nice day!

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can create dimension tables - connected 1:m to the main table - which contain the distinct values from the relevant columns.  Put these in slicers and the slicer values will not affect other slicers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.