Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GLIDO
Helper I
Helper I

DATESINPERIOD not giving results

Hello Members,

While trying to fetch the number of leads for the last 6 months using the datesinperiod function I am unable to get results. 

A have used a date field "DATE_OFRECEIPT" as a reference table, no doubt it contains duplicate records, but i cant figure out why it is obstructing the calculation. Can anyone explain this to me ? Can we have a workaround?DatesInPeriodError.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Interkoubess
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @GLIDO,

What about creatting a Calendar Table ( containing unique values for every day) covering your dates and link it to your fact table and then use the formula with DateinPeriod ( on Calendar date and not on "DATE_OFRECEIPT").

That should work....

Otherwise please share sample data and we can figure out...

Ninter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Interkoubess
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @GLIDO,

What about creatting a Calendar Table ( containing unique values for every day) covering your dates and link it to your fact table and then use the formula with DateinPeriod ( on Calendar date and not on "DATE_OFRECEIPT").

That should work....

Otherwise please share sample data and we can figure out...

Ninter

Hi @Interkoubess Ninter, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Actually the code that I've written in the question snap reads 

Leads6Months = CALCULATE(COUNT(LOCAL_CAS_DUMP_TBL_MIS_V01[APP_ID]),DATESINPERIOD(LOCAL_CAS_DUMP_TBL_MIS_V01[DATE_OF_RECEIPT],MAX(LOCAL_CAS_DUMP_TBL_MIS_V01[Start Date]),-6,MONTH))

While I was trying to find different ways to get the solution, before you answered this question, 

I got the solution using the following code, 

Leads6Months = CALCULATE(COUNT(LOCAL_CAS_DUMP_TBL_MIS_V01[APP_ID]),DATESINPERIOD(LOCAL_CAS_DUMP_TBL_MIS_V01[DATE_OF_RECEIPT].[Date],MAX(LOCAL_CAS_DUMP_TBL_MIS_V01[Start Date]),-6,MONTH))

I just added an extra .[Date]. 

Do you have any ideas on how this happened and what is the significance of these. 

@GLIDO,

I am unable to reproduce this error using my sample data. Could you please share sample data of your table here? Also as other's post, it is better to create a calendar table containg unique date values and then use DATESINPERIOD function.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.