Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

railtons
Frequent Visitor

Customizing colors in power BI tables according to field values

Hi team,

I need help to format the information in a table in Power BI.
In the example below is a table showing some percentages. I would like to set it up so that, for example, if the value in the "Total projected" column is below 90 I would set the background to green, if it is above 90 and below 100 I would set it to yellow and if it is above 100 I would set it to red.

railtons_0-1705095405745.png

The way I did it was as follows:

railtons_1-1705095495151.png

But I could only do it with two colors.

Even using the intermediate value option, the power bi doesn't allow me to set a value greater than 100.

railtons_2-1705095587891.png

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Railton

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @railtons ,

Hope you are doing well.

Note here that your requirement is that <90 should be displayed in green, >100 should be displayed in red, and the intermediate value should be displayed in yellow. It is important to note that your value is a percentage, so you cannot enter 90 or 100 when setting Max and Min. To enter 0.9, 1.0.

Please follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Column and select "Conditional formatting", then select "Background color".

vhuijieymsft_0-1705285018115.png

2. Select "Custom" for Minimum and Maxmium and enter 0.9 for Minimum and 1.0 for Maxmium. Also remember to check Add a middle color. If you check this option, the value between 0.9~1.0 will be displayed in the color you selected. (yellow in this case).

vhuijieymsft_1-1705285037852.png

3. The set format is like this, please check the format you set.

vhuijieymsft_2-1705285057466.png

4. After setting the conditional formatting for each Column, it will look like this. I think this meets your needs.

Hope this solves your problem, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

vhuijieymsft_3-1705285076084.png

Warm Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

Hi @v-huijiey-msft 
thanks so much
It works well.

Hi @aj1973 
Thnaks a lot for you help. It work also.

Hi @railtons ,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I am glad that I helped you solve your problem.

For the new questions you raised, because this is beyond the original theme, it is recommended that you open a new post, I hope this can help you.

I wish you a smooth work.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @railtons ,

Hope you are doing well.

Note here that your requirement is that <90 should be displayed in green, >100 should be displayed in red, and the intermediate value should be displayed in yellow. It is important to note that your value is a percentage, so you cannot enter 90 or 100 when setting Max and Min. To enter 0.9, 1.0.

Please follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Column and select "Conditional formatting", then select "Background color".

vhuijieymsft_0-1705285018115.png

2. Select "Custom" for Minimum and Maxmium and enter 0.9 for Minimum and 1.0 for Maxmium. Also remember to check Add a middle color. If you check this option, the value between 0.9~1.0 will be displayed in the color you selected. (yellow in this case).

vhuijieymsft_1-1705285037852.png

3. The set format is like this, please check the format you set.

vhuijieymsft_2-1705285057466.png

4. After setting the conditional formatting for each Column, it will look like this. I think this meets your needs.

Hope this solves your problem, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

vhuijieymsft_3-1705285076084.png

Warm Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

Hi @v-huijiey-msft 
I have another situation here with the Matrix component.
I dont know if I can use this topic or create another one.

I have to display in another collor a specifc collunm, but this collunm is used to each type.
How can I formating a specfic colunm that is used to al types? So I need to change just for a cost in the "4.Projeté" type. 

railtons_0-1705332048618.png

Hi @aj1973  can you help me again ? 🙂

Thnaks

Hi @railtons ,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I am glad that I helped you solve your problem.

For the new questions you raised, because this is beyond the original theme, it is recommended that you open a new post, I hope this can help you.

I wish you a smooth work.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

Hi @v-huijiey-msft 
thanks so much
It works well.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @railtons 

The "% Total projeté" is it a column or a measure? if it is a measure then you need to apply the conditional formatting on it and in "Style de mise en forme" choisi plutot "Régle" I beleive

aj1973_0-1705107978102.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi @aj1973 
Thnaks a lot for you help. It work also.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.