Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pgenero
Frequent Visitor

Customers with Multiple Addresses

I am trying to think of a good solution for modeling customer data.

The scenario is a bit complex: we have a table with the customers and their information (ID, City, ZIP, State, Address, etc). But many times these customers have branches. So the sales kpis can be reported by customer, or by the customer's branch.

In this way, there is another table that contains the branches, where for each one there is another ID, and then address, zip, city, state, etc. (there is also an ID that links both tables).
What do you think is the best way to model this? So far we have been working with separate tables, giving some problems when creating reports, and also to relate these tables. Sometimes I need data from both tables and it is not so easy to satisfy the requirements (some of them very abstract, I must admit)
My intention is to create a master table that has both IDs. Does anyone have experience with this?

1 REPLY 1
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @pgenero ,

you can develop this as a star schema data model, check it out https://youtu.be/1CgG0t59WcM?si=n39t0dalpIMGzmPQ

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.