Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saeedses

Custom visuals sharing without changing GUID and enabling developer mode

I have developed a custom visual and it is live on AppSource. Now i want to do some changes requested by a client and share updated PBIVIZ package with him, before uploading to store. 

But when client imports this package, he gets the package from store, instead the one i shipped. 

Please note, I understand this issue is because I am using same GUID as on store and changing GUID can resolve the issue, but my limitation is that i cannot change GUID as i have to use local storage API, that has been authorized on this guid attached with live version. 
Another option we see is to enable the developer mode. In this case Power BI will allow either to import the package from Appsource or from local file but the client do not want to enable developer mode.

So, is there are way I can share my package with client, without changing GUID and without enabling developer mode.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.