Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eric_Sng95

Custom Visual - Analyze popular stocks with Power BI ?

Hi, 

I am interest to understand how this graph from this dashboard is made, where multiple line charts pop up as you select multiple items on the slicer. 

I'm particularly interested in whether there is a bar chart equivalent as well. 

Eric_Sng95_0-1629266315248.png

Thanks.

Eric Sng

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use Small Multiples.  They are supported for bar charts too.

View solution in original post

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Eric_Sng95 

The above chart uses the small multiples feature

vangzhengmsft_0-1629855318549.png

you can get the app from the AppSource:  Analyze Popular Stocks with Power BI

vangzhengmsft_1-1629855473091.png

Currently, you can create small multiples on bar, column, line, and area charts.

To get started, create one of the above visuals and choose a field along which you'd like to partition its data. Drag that field into the Small multiples well in the Fields section of the Visualizations pane. Your chart splits into a 2×2 grid, with the data divided along your chosen dimension. The grid fills with the small multiples charts. They're sorted by your chosen sort order, from left to right, then top to bottom.

vangzhengmsft_3-1629855771352.png

You can change the dimensions of the grid in the Grid layout card:

vangzhengmsft_2-1629855581830.png

The default is a 2×2 grid of small multiples, but you can adjust the number of rows and columns to up to 6×6. Any multiples that don't fit in that grid load as you scroll down.

See links below for more information:

Create small multiples in Power BI

Interact with small multiples in Power BI

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Eric_Sng95 

The above chart uses the small multiples feature

vangzhengmsft_0-1629855318549.png

you can get the app from the AppSource:  Analyze Popular Stocks with Power BI

vangzhengmsft_1-1629855473091.png

Currently, you can create small multiples on bar, column, line, and area charts.

To get started, create one of the above visuals and choose a field along which you'd like to partition its data. Drag that field into the Small multiples well in the Fields section of the Visualizations pane. Your chart splits into a 2×2 grid, with the data divided along your chosen dimension. The grid fills with the small multiples charts. They're sorted by your chosen sort order, from left to right, then top to bottom.

vangzhengmsft_3-1629855771352.png

You can change the dimensions of the grid in the Grid layout card:

vangzhengmsft_2-1629855581830.png

The default is a 2×2 grid of small multiples, but you can adjust the number of rows and columns to up to 6×6. Any multiples that don't fit in that grid load as you scroll down.

See links below for more information:

Create small multiples in Power BI

Interact with small multiples in Power BI

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-angzheng-msft , I think this app seems to be withdawn from the App store .  I checked both on my developer tenant and my client's  "all you can eat" tenant.  Has it been replaced with an equivalent App?

westerdaled_0-1673972020825.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use Small Multiples.  They are supported for bar charts too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.