Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mvgust
Helper III
Helper III

Current FY page filter

I have a date table which includes a fiscal year column - "FYXX" as well as a standard date column.  I need to set a page filter on a report so it is displaying FYTD date on my visuals.  I need this to automatically switch to the next fiscal year when we switch from FY20 to FY21.

I'm guessing I need to add some sort of flag column but I can't wrap my head around how I would do this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mvgust , Try like

Is FY = if(startofyear('Date'[Date],"3/31")<=TODAY() && endofyear('Date'[Date],"3/31")>=TODAY(),1,0)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you have column called Current FY in the date table that would work.
And for the TOTALYTD function, the 4th argument is actually the <year_end_date>, which you can use to change it to the FY-end.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/totalytd-function-dax

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

I don't know if I explained myself clearly.  I need to add a flag column, possibly to the date table?  I need to compare today's date and determine based on today's date is it in the current fiscal year (based on my fiscal year column in the date table).  If it is then it's a 1 if not then it's a 0.

@mvgust , Try like

Is FY = if(startofyear('Date'[Date],"3/31")<=TODAY() && endofyear('Date'[Date],"3/31")>=TODAY(),1,0)

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.